The Best VPN in Australia for June 2021 (Fast & Secure)
Looking for the best VPNs in Australia? Well, if you want to watch Hulu outside US or surpass geo-restrictions of other streaming services, or even if your purpose is to just stay secure, while surfing the internet, the VPN is a smart choice!
VPNs allow you to leverage security from cyber attacks, hackers, malicous websites and other online harms. Furthermore, they help region-hoppers in getting the freedom to stream on their favorite streaming platforms, minus any hassles.
5 Best VPN Services in Australia [Overview]
- ExpressVPN: The Best VPN in Australia. 3,000+ servers in 94 countries. 5 high speed servers in 5 cities of Australia. Supports 5 simultaneous connections. 7-day free trial for iOS and Android. 30-days money-back. Starts at $6.67/mo on a 12-Months + 3-Months Free Plan.
- NordVPN: Secure VPN in Australia. 5,400+ servers in 50+ countries. 190+ servers in 5 Australian cities. Connect to 6 devices simultaneously. 7-day free trial for Android and iOS devices. 30-days money-back. Starts at $4.13/mo on a 2-year plan.
- Surfshark: Affordable VPN in Australia. 3,200 servers in 60+ countries. 69+ servers in 5 Australian cities. Unlimited simultaneous connections. 7-day free trial for iOS and Android. 30-days money-back guarantee. Starts at $2.21/mo on a 2-year plan.
- PureVPN: Fastest VPN in Australia. 6,500+ servers in 140+ countries. 355+ servers in 4 different Australian cities. 10 simultaneously connections. 7-day trial available for a minimal $0.99 only. 31-days refund. Starts at $1.32/mo on a 5-year plan.
- CyberGhost: Reliable VPN in Australia. 6,800+ servers in 90+ locations. 134 servers in 2 Australian cities. Connect to 7 devices simultaneously. 30-days money back guarantee. Optimized servers for Australia. Starts at $2.75/mo on a 18-months plan.
The Best VPN in Australia for 2021 [Detailed Analysis]
To get you the best VPNs for accessing Hulu, we inspected several VPN providers for their unblocking capabilities, multilogins, encryption methods, speed, and logging policies.
1. ExpressVPN: The Best VPN in Australia
ExpressVPN has 3000+ servers in 92 countries with 5 high speed servers in 5 cities of Australia. It is a renowned VPN provider offering blazing-fast 4k HD streaming on your Smart TVs and other devices.
Featured in several famous publications like Forbes, NY Times, Tech Crunch, and CNet, ExpressVPN also offers many security features including:
A Media Streamer feature, which is a unique DNS management system if configured on your router gives improvement on your speed. ExpressVPN achieves this by not encrypting specific data like your online traffic, hence giving maximum processing power for streaming to you.
Their TrustedServer security feature ensures that all your data is wiped out every time you reboot your system. Hence, minimizing data risks. Multi-user login feature allows 5 devices for simultaneous connection without any speed loss.
- 3000+ Servers in 94+ Countries
- 5 Servers in Australia
- Headquartered in BVI
- Verified “No-Logs” Policy
- Multi-Logins on 5 Devices
- 30-day Refund Policy
- Product is a Little Expensive
2. NordVPN: Secure VPN in Australia
NordVPN has 5400+ servers worldwide and 190+ servers exclusively in Australia. The availability of a significant number of servers ensures that you do not suffer from traffic congestion and buffering speed issues with this VPN and enjoy browsing or streaming seamlessly.
Its multi-user login gives you the freedom to connect 6 devices simultaneously on a single account. Moreover, the “SmartPlay” feature in NordVPN combines the best of both VPN and Smart DNS technologies, making streaming secure, fast, and reliable.
This means you can watch videos in HD quality on your smart TV for hours without buffering. This feature also ensures unblocking of unlimited content from sites like Hulu, Netflix, HBO, Prime Video, as soon as you connect to the server, which is a treat for binge-watchers.
- 5,400+ Servers in 59+ Countries
- 190+ Servers in Asutralia
- Based in Panama (Safe Jurisdiction)
- 7-Day Free Trial on iOS Devices
- Works with US/UK/JP Netflix
- Automatic Kill Switch Feature
- Support Needs Improvement
3. Surfshark: Affordable VPN in Australia
Surfshark offers 3,200+ servers in 65+ countries with 69+ servers in Australia. It even presents the most exciting offer for you to access unlimited devices on a single VPN account. Means your whole family can have access to exciting Hulu shows like The Handmaid’s Tale, on their iPhones, mac, etc.
The BVI-based provider covers all the key security features including The kill switch, Zero logs policy audited from Cure53, DNS leak protection, and others. Surfshark’s Whitelister feature provides split tunneling so you can stay connected to your native internet too.
CleanWeb helps block ads, malware, trackers and avoid phishing attempts from potentially harmful websites. The MultiHop feature connects you to your desired region via two different VPN servers, hence adding an additional layer of security.
- 3,200+ Servers in 65+ Countries
- 69+ Servers in Australia
- Based in the British Virgin Islands
- 7-Day Free Trial for iOS/Android
- Unlimited Simultaneous Connections
- AES-256-CBC and AES-256-GCM
- Broader Audit Required
4. PureVPN: Fastest VPN in Australia
PureVPN provides 6,500+ servers in 140+ countries with 355+ servers operational in the U.S. The service offers 10 devices to log in simultaneously which is also a good number for a single account to carry. A large number of Australian servers means you will have a smooth experience with this VPN.
The VPN even offers key privacy features including AES-256 bit encryption to work with the largest bit size when masking your IP address, making your privacy unbreakable, especially when you are browsing or streaming through cell phones. A zero log policy ensures that your online data is not monitored or stored by VPN servers.
A Kill Switch feature even gives users the assured that their IP address doesn’t accidentally get exposed. The kill switch disconnects your device from the internet instantly until the VPN gets restored, which saves you from being detected online.
- 6,500+ Servers in 140+ Countries
- 355+ Servers in Australia
- Based in Hong Kong (Safe Location)
- Military-Grade AES-256 Encryption
- Dedicated IPs and Split Tunneling
- 10 Simultaneous Connections
- No Free Trial Available
5. CyberGhost: Reliable VPN in Australia
CyberGhost has 7055 servers in 90 countries globally with 134 servers in 2 Australian cities. The service provides an encouraging offer of a free trial for the first 24hrs without making any initial payment. Moreover, you can connect up to 7 devices simultaneously.
Like other top VPNs from our list to watch Hulu in Australia, CyberGhost also provides AES-256 bit military-grade encryption features to mask your IP so that your online identity remains anonymous. CyberGhost even supports several VPN protocols.
These include OpenVPN, IKEv2, WireGuard®, and L2TP/IPSec so that you get uncompromised privacy and security online. Other protection features include Automatic Kill Switch, IP leak protection, strict no-log policy, and unlimited bandwidth.
- 6800 Servers in 90 Countries
- 134 Servers in Australia
- Multi-login for 7 devices
- Multi-grade encryption
- Up to 45 days money-back guarantee
- No Free Trial Available
Rating Criteria for Choosing Best VPNs
To compile the list of best VPNs for Australia that can give you a seamless experience with various streaming services like Hulu, Netflix, HBO, Amazon Prime, etc., we put several factors into our consideration for analyzing the performance of different VPNs.
- Total Servers: The total number of servers available worldwide and particularly in Australia. The higher the number of servers, the lesser you suffer from downtime due to internet traffic. Also, a large number of servers means many IP addresses.
- Security & Privacy: Various high-quality security features like military-grade encryption, DNS leak protection, etc. provide you complete protection online against malware, ads, and monitoring of your data from third parties.
- Unlimited bandwidth: Go for a provider that offers unlimited bandwidth so your speed does not get compromised if you are streaming in HD or using several devices like iPhone, smart TV, various gaming consoles including PS4, Xbox, etc. at a time.
- Customer support: Exceptional customer support to make it most convenient for you to get help instantly, whenever you face a technical issue!
Why Use a VPN in Australia?
VPNs in general let you access the internet in a more secure manner. The privacy features keep you safe from potential online harm, and it also facilitates region hopping so you can access geo-restricted content. Below are the major areas, where investing in a VPN certainly is a good idea!
Unblock Streaming Services
There are several streaming services like Hulu, HBO GO, Disney Plus and more, that are getting popular worldwide but are officially restricted to keep their content to specific regions.
The VPN comes in handy for you to access such streaming platforms from the comfort of your native place in Australia, and get the best of what the entertainment world has to offer!
Stay Secure From Your ISPs
Your Internet Service Provider can and may monitor your online activities. Be it for selling browsing logs of its customers to marketing companies or agencies for some serious monitoring, your data stays on the chance to get compromised online by your ISP.
VPNs provide you complete online privacy ensuring that your data is encrypted and can not be monitored by outsiders. With the changed IP address, you can easily clock your location and stay safe from your ISP and Government surveillance.
Become a Local Outside the Country
The region hopping with VPNs does not only facilitate a stream of your favorite online shows. This also works in your favor when you are trying to access region-specific discount deals from online booking services, car rentals, etc. while your trip to that specific country.
The Best VPN in Australia for June 2021: FAQs
When figuring out what are the best VPNs that work best for Australia, you may have some questions/concerns that need answering. For this, I have added a FAQ section:
Is a VPN illiegal in Australia 2021?
No, it’s not. Australian Government laws do not prohibit the use of VPNs, hence you can use VPN to unblock restricted streaming sites or change your location for any reason.
What are the Best VPNs?
The best VPNs provide you complete online privacy by implementing advanced encryption techniques to mask your IP address and secure your data. Moreover, the premium VPNs come with a good infrastructure of their servers worldwide. The best VPNs in 2021 for Australia are listed in this guide!
Will a VPN reduce my connection speed?
Yes, but if you are using a reputable VPN service like mentioned in our articles, the speed loss is negligible, and with some servers, it actually optimizes your speed. If you experience speed loss with a server, connecting to another nearby server usually fixes this issue.
What is the Best Free VPN for Australia?
Free VPNs should ideally be avoided for their hidden dangers. They may monitor your online activities, sell your data to third party services for pennies or impose bandwidth limitations that can cause your internet speed to slow down.
Investing in a good VPN is a wise decision if you want to secure your data and stay private while browsing or doing any online activity. Moreover, the VPN is the best technology to spoof your location and get access to geo-restricted sites, so you can get the best streaming services worldwide.