How to Watch Hulu on Firestick in Australia (Sep. 2021 Updated)
Despite being popular in Australia and several other countries worldwide, Hulu’s content is available to watch only in the US. So, if you are wondering how to watch Hulu in Australia on your firestick or any of your fav devices, you will need a VPN service.
The best VPNs apply strong encryption code to mask your IP address and assign you an IP from one of their servers from the US, so it appears as if you are accessing Hulu from the region of the US. Hence, you get unblocked Hulu from Australia or any place of your choice.
?To access Hulu on your firestick outside the US, get the best VPNs from our list, and follow below methods as instructed:
5 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on Firestick [Overview]
- ExpressVPN: Best VPN for Hulu on Firestick. Native VPN app is available on Amazon Store. 3,000+ servers in 94 countries. Supports 5 simultaneous connections. 30-days money-back guarantee. Starts at $6.67/mo on a 12-Months + 3-Months Free Plan.
- NordVPN: Secure VPN for Hulu on Firestick. A dedicated VPN client is available on the Amazon App store. 5,400+ servers in 50+ countries. Connect to 6 devices simultaneously. 30-days refund. Starts at $3.30/mo on a 2-year plan + 3-months free.
- Surfshark: Affordable VPN for Hulu on Firestick. Native VPN app is available on Amazon Store. 3,200+ servers in 65+ countries. Unlimited simultaneous connections. 30-days money-back guarantee. Starts at $2.21/mo on a 2-year plan.
- CyberGhost: Unblocks Hulu Seamlessly on Firestick. A dedicated VPN client is available on the Amazon App store. 6,800+ servers in 90+ locations. Connect to 7 devices simultaneously. 30-days money back. Starts at $2.75/mo on an 18-months plan.
- PureVPN: 4K Streaming for Hulu on Firestick. A dedicated VPN client is available on the Amazon App store. 6,500+ servers in 140+ countries. Connect to 10 devices simultaneously. 31-days money-back guarantee. Starts at $1.32/mo on a 5-year plan.
How to Watch Hulu on Firestick in Australia
All the VPNs on our list support firesticks with dedicated apps, making it easier to access Hulu outside the US. You only need to follow below steps and you are done with the configuration part!
- Subscribe to the recommend ExpressVPN!
- Visit Amazon’s Fire TV App Store.
- Go to Categories> Utility> ExpressVPN.
- Download the ExpressVPN app on your firestick.
- Launch the VPN app and enter your login credentials.
- Connect to a server in the US and wait for a few seconds.
- Open the Hulu application and enjoy streaming without any hurdles!
5 Best VPNs to watch Hulu on Firestick in Australia [In-Depth Analysis]
Here is a list of the best VPNs for Firestick based on their network infrastructure, compatibility with firestick and other devices, unblocking capabilities and more!
1. ExpressVPN: Best VPN for Hulu on Firestick
ExpressVPN is a British Virgin Islands company with 3000+ servers in 94 countries. On the Amazon App store, ExpressVPN has earned a 4-star rating from 11.3k reviews.
The service incorporates strong encryption of AES-256 bit, Automatic kill switch , and several protocols (OpenVPN, SSTP, L2Tp/IPsec, and PPTP), Zero log policy to provide you the ultimate secure streaming experience online.
The 4K fast HD streaming availability can let you stream Hulu on your Smart TV and other devices. The pricing comes with three variations and all plans are backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can connect 5 devices on a single VPN account.
ExpressVPN Hulu Testing: Working Servers (Sep. 2021)
Through their RAM-infrastructure technology, ExpressVPN offers amazing support for Hulu. Recommended servers: New Jersey-1, Washington DC, New York.
- Amazon App store rating of 4 stars
- 3000+ Servers in 94 Countries
- Easy to set-up
- Multi-login for 5 devices
- Multi-grade encryption
- 30 day money back guarantee
- Product is Little Expensive
- No free trial
How to Install and Set Up ExpressVPN on Firestick
2. NordVPN: Secure VPN for Hulu on Firestick
NordVPN is a Panama based company with network structure spread over 50+ countries. On the Amazon App store, NordVPN has earned a 4-star rating from 12k reviews.
The service comes with an easy-to-configure app dedicated to firestick devices and offers advanced features of AES-256 bit encryption, Perfect forward secrecy (PFS), Automatic kill switch, and audited Zero log policy.
The pricing structures include 1 month ($11.95), yearly ($4.92), and a 2-year plan ($3.30). All the packages let you connect 6 devices simultaneously on a single NordVPN account.
NordVPN Hulu Testing: Working Servers (Sep. 2021)
NordVPN’s US servers work smoothly if you want to watch Hulu in Australia, minus any hassles. Recommended choices:#3097, #2497, #3288, #3325.
- 4 Stars Rating on Amazon App Store
- 5400+ Servers in 59+ Countries
- Multi-login for 6 devices
- Military-Grade Encryption
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Customer support needs improvement
How to Install and Set Up NordVPN on Firestick
3. Surfshark: Affordable VPN for Hulu on Firestick
Surfshark is a British Virgin Islands-based company with 3,200+ servers in 60+ countries worldwide. On the Amazon App store, Surfshark has earned a 4-star rating from 6.9K reviews.
The VPN provides advanced privacy features like Automatic kill switch, Zero logs policy, DNS leak protection, Split tunnelling, Military-grade encryption. This makes it one of the top choices for watching Hulu on firestick, iPhone or any other device.
The price includes 3 variations; monthly package ($12.95), bi-monthly ($ 6.49) and 2-year package ($2.21), backed 30-day money-back guarantee. With all the plans you can connect unlimited devices on a single Surfshark account.
Surfshark Hulu Testing: Working Servers (Sep. 2021)
Surfshark users who want to unblock Hulu in Australia can stream in 4k quality using these recommended servers: Boston, Detriot, and Denver!
- 4 Stars Rating from Trustpilot
- 3200+ Servers in 60+ Countries
- Unlimited device access availability
- Multi-grade encryption
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Requires Broader Audit
How to Install and Set Up Surfshark on Firestick
4. CyberGhost– A Good VPN for Hulu on Firestick
CyberGhost is a Romanian and German company with 6800 servers in 90 countries. On the Amazon App store, CyberGhost has earned a 4.5-star rating from 4k reviews.
The VPN’s strong privacy features of Automatic kill switch, IP leak protection, Strict no log policy, unlimited bandwidth etc. make it a very good choice for watching Hulu worldwide.
CyberGhost Hulu Testing: Working Servers (Sep. 2021)
CyberGhost’s US servers unblock Hulu in Australia and that too in ultra HD quality. Recommended choices: New York, Los Angeles, Miami, and Denver.
- 4.5 Stars Amazon App Store Rating
- 6800 Servers in 90 Countries
- Access 7 devices simultaneously
- AES-256 bit encryption
- Upto 45 days money back guarantee
- No free trial
How to install CyberGhost VPN on Firestick?
5. PureVPN: 4K Streaming for Hulu on Firestick
PureVPN is based in Hong Kong and is the best VPN app for Firestick and other smart devices. The service comes with a dedicated app for firesticks. On the Amazon App store, PureVPN has earned 2.4k reviews with a 4.5-star rating.
The advanced privacy features of AES-256 bit encryption, Automatic kill switch, NAT firewall, Split tunnelling, dedicated IPs, keep PureVPN undetectable by Hulu and other geo-restricted services. Their no-logs policy is also audited by AltiusIT.
Moreover, on all the above packages, you can connect up to 10 devices including your Smart TV, Phones, Macbook and other devices simultaneously on a single PureVPN account. To test the service, you can even get a trial for as low as $0.99!
PureVPN Hulu Testing: Working Servers (Sep. 2021)
Users can unblock Hulu through PureVPN’s popular website menu or use these recommended servers: Ashburn, New Jersey, Los Angeles, Atlanta.
- Amazon App Store Rating: 3.5 Stars
- 6,500+ Servers in 140+ Countries
- Based in Hong Kong (Safe Location)
- Military-Grade AES-256 Encryption
- Dedicated IPs and Split Tunneling
- 10 Simultaneous Connections
- No Free Trial Available
How to Install and Set Up PureVPN on Firestick
How a VPN Unblocks Hulu on Firestick
Streaming services like Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime have strong anti-VPN technology that easily detects if you are trying to access their content through a VPN. However, check out the premium VPNs as we shared in our list.
They have a huge number of servers in the US and work with strong encryption codes. So, they conveniently mask your IP address, assign you an IP from their US servers, hence giving you interrupted access to Hulu and other geo-blocked platforms.
How to Install Hulu on Your Firestick?
Hulu’s app is easily available to download from the Amazon app store. Follow the below steps to download the Hulu app:
- Go to Firestick home page
- Type Hulu in the search bar and click for downloading
- Once downloading is finished, click on the open button
- Once downloading is finished, get the Hulu app icon appearing on your homescreen
- Enter Hulu credentials to sign in.
Why is Hulu Not Working on Firestick?
When the Hulu is not working on your firestick, first check if the site is facing some sort of outages. You can search #huludown or #hulu on Twitter or visit downdetector.com to find if others are talking for the same. If nothing seems wrong with the streaming service, it’s time to do troubleshooting at your end.
1. Restart/ Reset your Firestick
First restart your device to check if the issue is resolved, otherwise, you may need to reset your Firestick. In most cases, if the former fails, the latter usually resolves the issue.
2. Toggle VPN On and Off
Sign off from your Hulu app for a while, disconnect your VPN, turn it on again and then launch the Hulu app again. Sometimes, a simple on-and-off method works well to get Hulu working properly on your firestick again.
3. Clear Both Application’s Cache Data
Clear the app’s data on both Hulu and your VPN service and then try to connect to Hulu with the VPN. Don’t forget to toggle VPN on/off. This trick sometimes mysteriously works.
4. Update or Reinstall your Hulu and VPN Apps
Check if you need to update your Hulu app. If already updated, as a last resort, you can reinstall the Hulu and VPN apps to check if it works to fix the issue.
How to Watch Hulu in Australia on Firesticks: FAQs
You may find yourself asking a few questions while figuring out How to watch Hulu in Australia on firestick. Below I have compiled the most common questions and their answers:
Can you play Hulu on Amazon Fire Stick?
Yes, Amazon fire sticks do support the Hulu app. You can simply get the Hulu app from the Amazon App store and install it into your firestick. However, if you are located outside the US, you will need a VPN to unblock its content.
How can I watch Hulu in another country?
To watch Hulu outside the US, follow the below steps.
- Get a good VPN: A VPN gives you access to region-restricted content
- Log into VPN: Log in with your credentials and connect to a US server.
- Sign Up for Hulu: Buy a pricing plan from Hulu. Use an American Express card.
- Download the Hulu App: Get the latest version of the Hulu application.
- Log in to Hulu: Sign-in using your Hulu username/password and enjoy streaming!
How do I get Hulu in Australia 2021?
You can enjoy all Hulu’s content from Australia with the help of a VPN service. Follow the below steps to get Hulu in Australia:
- Download and Subscribe to a VPN service (we recommend PureVPN)
- Open the VPN on your device
- Connect to a US-based server from the list
- Open the Hulu app on your device and enjoy unblocked streaming.
Hulu lets you enjoy the best of both; it’s live tv shows and on-demand content on your Firestick and other devices. You don’t need to waste your energy and time wondering how to watch Hulu on Firestick in Australia. Follow the steps above and enjoy streaming!