How to Watch Hulu on Smartphones (Jan. 2022 Updated)
Gone are the days when you had to wait for weeks to watch a new episode of your favorite series. Now, it’s a new streaming era! A growing number of people has now subscribed to online streaming services like Hulu to watch shows, films, programmes and sports instantly online through their smartphones. Whether you’re an Android user or own an iOS device, Hulu has a dedicated app for all major mobile devices.
The bad news is that Hulu’s content is available to watch only in the US. Therefore, if you are wondering how to watch Hulu in Australia on Phones or anywhere outside the US, you will need a VPN for bypassing geo-restrictions and content limitations.
To access Hulu on your Phone outside the US, get the best VPNs from our list, and follow the below methods as instructed:
5 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on Phones [Overview]
- ExpressVPN: Best VPN for Hulu on Smartphones. 3,000+ servers in 94 countries. Supports 5 simultaneous connections. 7-day free trial for iOS and Android. 30-days money-back guarantee. Starts at $6.67/mo on a 12-Months + 3-Months Free Plan.
- NordVPN: Stream Hulu from Anywhere on Phones. 5,400+ servers in 59+ countries. Connect to 6 devices simultaneously. 7-day free trial for Android and iOS devices. 30-days money-back. Starts at $3.71/mo on a 2-year plan +3-months free.
- Surfshark: Affordable VPN for Hulu on Phones. 3,200 servers in 60+ countries. Unlimited simultaneous connections. 7-day free trial for iOS and Android. 30-days money-back guarantee. Starts at $2.30/mo on a 2-year plan.
- CyberGhost: Unblocks Hulu Seamlessly on Mobile. 6,800+ servers in 90+ locations. Connect to 7 devices simultaneously. 30-days money-back guarantee. Optimized servers are available for unblocking Hulu. Starts at $2.75/mo on an 18-months plan.
- PureVPN: 4K Fast Streaming for Hulu on Mobile. 6,500+ servers in 140+ countries. Connect to 10 devices simultaneously. 7-day trial available for a minimal $0.99 only. 31-days money-back guarantee. Starts at $1.99/mo on a 2-year plan.
How to Watch Hulu on iPhone in Australia
You can unblock Hulu’s content by simply using a VPN app on your iPhone as follows:
- Subscribe to a VPN (we recommend using ExpressVPN)
- Visit the Apple Store and download the ExpressVPN app on your iPhone/ iPad.
- Launch the VPN app and enter your login credentials.
- Connect to a server in the US and wait for a few seconds.
- Open the Hulu application and enjoy streaming!
How to Watch Hulu on Android in Australia
Like iPhones, Android devices are also compatible with many VPNs and have dedicated VPN applications. You can surpass Hulu’s geo-restrictions from Australia or any other region outside the USA by simply following the below steps.
- Subscribe to a VPN service (we recommend ExpressVPN).
- Visit the Google Play Store and download the ExpressVPN app.
- Open the VPN app and enter your username and password.
- Connect to a US server from their list of servers and wait for the connection to establish.
- Open the Hulu application and enjoy streaming!
5 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on Phones in Australia [In-Depth Analysis]
If you want to watch Hulu in Australia on your Phone, you will need a good VPN service. This is because Hulu and other streaming sites have developed advanced anti-VPN technologies that makes it extremely difficult to surpass their geo-restrictions.
1. ExpressVPN: Best VPN for Hulu on Smartphones
The British Virgin Islands company, ExpressVPN comes with a presence in 90 countries with 3000+ servers. The service comes with dedicated VPN Apps for iPhone and Android users. On the Apple store, ExpressVPN has earned 89k reviews and a 4.6-star rating. Moreover, ExpressVPN supports 4k HD streaming, ideal to stream videos through Smart tv, Xbox, Playstation and other gaming consoles. This means you can watch Framing Britney on Hulu whichever device you prefer.
ExpressVPN incorporates various strong privacy features like encryption of AES-256 bit, Automatic kill switch, and several protocols (OpenVPN, SSTP, L2Tp/IPsec, and PPTP), zero log policy, and a unique media streamer feature
The pricing covers three variations including a monthly payment ($12.95), half-yearly ($9.99) and yearly options ($6.67), backed by a 30-day refund. Android and iOS users can even receive a 7-day free trial by getting the app from Apple App or Google Play Store.
ExpressVPN Hulu Testing: Working Servers (Jan. 2022)
Through their RAM-infrastructure technology, ExpressVPN offers amazing support for Hulu. Recommended servers: New Jersey-1, Washington DC, New York.
- 3000+ Servers in 94+ Countries
- Headquartered in BVI
- Verified “No-Logs” Policy
- Multi-Logins on 5 Devices
- 30-day Refund Policy
- Product is a Little Expensive
2. NordVPN: Stream Hulu Anywhere on Phones
The Panama based company NordVPN has a strong presence in 50+ countries with its 5400+ servers. The service comes with an easy-to-configure app for iPhone and Android users, and lets you connect 6 devices simultaneously. This allows your entire household to stream the Handmaid’s Tale on Hulu via multiple devices.
The Smartplay feature in NordVPN combines the best of both VPN and Smart DNS technologies, making Hulu streaming secure, fast and reliable on all iOS and other devices. On the Apple store, NordVPN has earned 104.4k reviews with a 4.6-star rating.
Other advanced security features include AES-256 bit encryption, perfect forward secrecy (PFS), automatic kill switch and audited zero log policy. The pricing structures include 1 month ($11.95), yearly ($4.92), and a 2-year plan ($3.71 till 10 Feb 2022).
NordVPN Hulu Testing: Working Servers (Jan. 2022)
NordVPN’s US servers work smoothly to watch Hulu in Australia. This allows you to have a hassle-free Hulu streaming experience with NordVPN. Recommended choices:#3097, #2497, #3288, #3325.
- 5,400+ Servers in 59+ Countries
- Based in Panama (Safe Jurisdiction)
- 7-Day Free Trial on iOS Devices
- Works with US/UK/JP Netflix
- Automatic Kill Switch Feature
- Support Needs Improvement
3. Surfshark: Affordable VPN for Hulu on Phones
The British Virgin Islands-based company, Surfshark, comes with 3,200+ servers in 60+ countries worldwide. With this kind of vast network, you can access the best streaming services in Australia and anywhere around the globe. The service comes with a dedicated VPN app for iPhone and android phone users. On the Apple store, Surfshark has earned a 4.4-star rating from 1.8K reviews.
Further, several advanced privacy features like Automatic kill switch, Zero logs policy, DNS leak protection, split tunneling, military-grade encryption, thereby making it possible to surpass the strong geo-block technology of Hulu.
Moreover, you can have access to unlimited devices on a single Surfshark account. The pricing offers 3 variations of the monthly package ($12.95), bi-monthly ($ 6.49) and a 2-year package ($2.30), covering a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 7-day free trial.
Surfshark Hulu Testing: Working Servers (Jan. 2022)
Surfshark users who want to unblock Hulu in Australia can stream in 4k quality using these recommended servers: Boston, Detriot, and Denver!
- 3,200+ Servers in 60+ Countries
- Based in the British Virgin Islands
- 7-Day Free Trial for iOS/Android
- Unlimited Simultaneous Connections
- AES-256-CBC and AES-256-GCM
- Broader Audit Required
4. CyberGhost: Unblocks Hulu Seamlessly on Mobile
CyberGhost is a Romanian and German company that has a huge number of servers and is present in about 90 countries. The 7,500 servers ensure that you don’t face downtime and hurdles while streaming your fav show on Hulu.
On the Apple store, CyberGhost has earned a 4.2-star rating from 24.8k reviews. The VPN service comes with a dedicated VPN App and offers strong privacy features of Automatic Kill Switch, IP leak protection, strict no-log policy, unlimited bandwidth.
The price plan includes a 1-month subscription plan ($12.99) with 14 days money-back guarantee, 6 months offer ($7.99) and a 1.5-year plan ($2.75) both with a 45-day money-back guarantee. All the plans offer multi-login for 7 devices on a single CyberGhost account.
CyberGhost Hulu Testing: Working Servers (Jan. 2022)
CyberGhost’s US servers unblock Hulu in Australia and that too is ultra HD quality. Recommended choices: New York, Los Angeles, Miami, and Denver.
- Unblock Hulu Option Available
- 6,800 Servers in 90 Countries
- Multi-login for 7 devices
- Multi-grade encryption
- Up to 45 days money-back guarantee
- No Free Trial Available
5. PureVPN: 4K Fast Streaming for Hulu on Mobile
The British Virgin Island-based PureVPN is one of the top VPN providers for phones. The service comes with dedicated VPN apps for iPhone and Android devices. On the Apple store, PureVPN has secured a 3.6-star rating with 886 reviews.
PureVPN comes with many advanced privacy features and works with a wide range of protocols. The Kill Switch features military-grade encryption, NAT firewall, Split tunneling, dedicated IPs, and a certified No log policy.
The pricing structure has three varied plans including a monthly package (10.95/mo), half-yearly (8.33/mo), and the 5-year package (1.99/mo), with a 7 day trial for as low as $0.99. Further, You can connect up to 10 devices simultaneously
PureVPN Hulu Testing: Working Servers (Jan. 2022)
You can unblock Hulu through PureVPN’s popular website menu or use these recommended servers: Ashburn, New Jersey, Los Angeles, Atlanta.
- 6,500+ Servers in 140+ Countries
- Based in British Virgin Islands (Safe Location)
- Military-Grade AES-256 Encryption
- Dedicated IPs and Split Tunneling
- 10 Simultaneous Connections
- No Free Trial Available
How a VPN Unblocks Hulu on Phone in Australia
When you log in to a VPN service and connect to their US server, the VPN app masks your IP address and encrypts it in such a way that it appears as if you are trying to access Hulu from the US and not any other region outside.
Some VPNs even come equipped with “obfuscation” technology to bypass VPN bans on different streaming services. This typically allows them to transform VPN traffic into regular HTTPS traffic to stay invisible when region-hopping on Hulu!
How do I fix Hulu on my Phone?
While trying to watch Hulu on your iPhone or Android, you may encounter several problems with Hulu streaming. This may prevent you from browsing Hulu on your phone temporarily.
You can check the Hulu Support Twitter account to verify if there are known outages or issues with Hulu’s service in the given time. If not, try out some quick fixes from our list that mostly work without needing extra support from outside.
1. Update both Hulu and your VPN app
Keep updating your Hulu and VPN apps timely, even if you don’t run into any problem. This will save you from performance and up-gradation issues later.
2. Toggle VPN On and Off
Exit your Hulu app and disconnect your VPN. After a few minutes, turn the VPN on and launch the Hulu app again. Sometimes, this simple on-and-off method works well to get Hulu working properly on your Phone again.
3. Connect to another server location
The problem that you are facing with Hulu can be due to the server that you are connected to. You can try another nearby server to check if the issue resolves.
4. Clear Both Application’s Data
Clear the cache for both apps; Hulu and your VPN service. Toggle the VPN on and Off and try connecting Hulu again. This trick also works sometimes…
5. Reinstall Hulu and VPN
If nothing from the above methods work, reinstall your VPN and the Hulu app. A fresh installation usually solves unidentified issues.
How to Watch Hulu on Phone in Australia: FAQs
You may find yourself asking a few questions while figuring out How to watch Hulu in Australia on iPhone. Below I have compiled the most common questions and their answers:
Why can’t I watch Hulu on my phone?
When you find trouble in streaming Hulu on your phone, try below quick fixes:
- Clear the cache for both Hulu and VPN apps; VPN in case you are accessing Hulu from outside the US
- Toggle VPN on and Off
- Update both Hulu and VPN apps (if not yet done)
- Connect to another US server
- Reinstall Hulu and VPN apps (as a last resort)
How do I unblock Hulu on my Phone?
If you are trying to access Hulu from outside the US on your phone, you will need a VPN app to unblock its services. Fortunately, many advanced VPNs like PureVPN, Surfshark, NordVPN, ExpressVPN, CyberGhost etc have native apps for iPhone and Android phones.
- Download VPN app from the relevant app store on your phone
- Connect to a US server from the VPN’s servers list
- Download Hulu app on your phone
- Launch the Hulu app and enjoy streaming!
How do I sign up for Hulu outside the US?
To watch Hulu outside the US, follow the below steps.
- Get a good VPN: The VPN will change your location to the US with the help of their US servers.
- Sign in for VPN: log in with your credentials and connect to a US server.
- Sign Up for Hulu: Buy a pricing plan from Hulu. We recommend using an American Express card.
- Download the Hulu App (optional): If you are trying to use Hulu on your iPhone or any other device, download the latest version of the Hulu App.
- Log in to Hulu: log in with your Hulu username and password and enjoy streaming
Besides, the smartphone Both Hulu and VPNs (covered in our list) come with native apps for iPhone and Android users. This makes it easy to configure both setups on your phone. All you need is to follow the step by step guide shared above to watch Hulu on your phone in Australia.