How to Watch Hulu on Xbox One in Australia (Sep. 2021 Updated)
As one of the most popular VoDs, Hulu is a top-choice for most binge-watchers. However, since the service is geo-restricted, users cannot stream on Hulu outside the US. If you are wondering how to watch Hulu in Australia on Xbox One, you are going to need a VPN.
A VPN will mask your IP address, according to your desired location i.e. the United States, and make it look as if you are trying to access Hulu from America. Therefore, you can enjoy streaming all your favorite movies/TV shows, regardless of where you reside in the world!
To access Hulu on your Xbox gaming console, get the best VPNs recommended, and follow the different methods below:
5 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on Xbox One in Australia [Overview]
- ExpressVPN: The Best VPN for Hulu on Xbox One. Comes with a router application for DD-WRT and Tomato devices. 7-day free trial for iOS and Android. 30-days money-back. Starts at $6.67/mo on a 12-Months + 3-Months Free Plan.
- NordVPN: Stream Hulu Anywhere on Xbox. Preconfigured routers are available for VPN connectivity on the Wi-Fi router. 7-day free trial for Android and iOS devices. 30-days refund. Starts at $3.30/mo on a 2-year plan + 3-months free.
- Surfshark: Affordable VPN for Hulu on Xbox. Pre-configured router available for VPN connectivity on PS4. 7-day free trial for iOS /Android. 30-days money-back guarantee. Starts at $2.21/mo on a 2-year plan.
- CyberGhost: A Good VPN for Hulu on Xbox One. Preconfigured routers are available for VPN connectivity. 30-days refund guarantee available. Unblocks Hulu and other VoDs. Starts at $2.25/mo on a 18-months plan.
- PureVPN: 4K Fast Streaming for Hulu on Xbox. A Preconfigured router is available for setting up a VPN on PlayStation®. 7-day trial available for $0.99/mo. 31-days money-back guarantee. Starts at $1.32/mo on a 5-year plan.
How to Watch Hulu on Xbox One in Australia: Easy Steps
Since there are no native VPN applications for gaming consoles like Xbox One, PS4/PS3 and others, you will require to put some extra effort in the configuration set up so you can get Hulu on your Xbox device. We are listing down the 3 main ways to configure a VPN connection on your Xbox console devices.
1. Share Your Windows VPN Connection
VPNs are the best way to get access to geo-restricted sites. But since the Xbox consoles have no native support for VPN apps, we make the configuration by sharing a Windows VPN connection.
This is an indirect way to get a VPN on your Xbox One or Xbox 360, which involves sharing your Windows PC’s connection with the console.
- Subscribe to a VPN service (we recommend ExpressVPN)
- Download the ExpressVPN application on your Windows PC.
- Enter your login details and complete the VPN setup.
- Connect your Xbox One to your PC with an ethernet cable.
- Right-click the Windows Start button from the taskbar.
- Click “Settings” and open “Network & Internet”.
- Open “Change adapter settings” in the status tab.
- Find your VPN’s icon and right-click on it.
- Click on “Properties” and open the “Sharing” tab.
- Check the box “Allow other network users to connect…”
- Click on “Select” a private network connection drop-down.
- Choose your Xbox One ethernet connection.
- Press the Xbox button from your gaming console.
- Tap the “RB” button thrice and choose “Settings”
- Open the Network tab and then Network Settings.
- Select Test Network Connection to see if VPN is connected.
- Connect to a US server in the ExpressVPN app from your PC.
- Start the Netflix app on Xbox and enjoy US Netflix in Canada.
2. Purchasing a Preconfigured VPN Router
The easiest and hustle free method to get a VPN connection on your Xbox is to purchase a pre-configured router
We recommend you to use DD-WRT and Tomato VPN routers from Flash Routers. All the VPNs on our list are covered on Flash Router’s website.
Choose one that best suits your needs and requirements. This will provide you access to a VPN client within the router. You can then connect to a US server to watch Hulu on your Xbox or any other gaming console device.
3. Set Up a VPN on Your Wi-Fi Router
First, check if your Wi-Fi router is compatible with the VPN by following these setups.
- Login into your router dashboard by typing 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in your web browser
- Enter your login credentials provided by your local ISP. This can also be found in the router manual or on the internet for your specific router model.
- Once you get access to the dashboard, look for a way to set up a VPN connection.
Set Up OpenVPN on Your DD-WRT Firmware
- Download the OpenVPN Configuration Files from ExpressVPN.
- Open the router dashboard for DD-WRT via 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
- Click on the “Services” tab and select the “VPN” sub-tab
- From the list of protocols, enable “Start OpenVPN Client”.
Enter the OpenVPN Client Settings
- Server IP / Name: of the .ovpn file/server from ExpressVPN.
- Port Address: get this address from your VPN provider too.
- Tunnel Device: Select the “TUN” option.
- Tunnel Protocol: UDP or TCP.
- Encryption Cipher: AES-256-CBC
- Hash Algorithm: SHA256.
- Advanced Options: Enabled.
- TLS Cipher: not checked.
- LZO Compression: Adaptive.
- NAT: Disable.
- Firewall Protection: Enable.
- IP Address: leave blank.
- Subnet Mask: leave blank.
- Tunnel MTU setting: 1500.
- UDP Fragment:1450.
- Tunnel UDP MSS-Fix: Enable.
- nsCertType verification: Checked ✔
5 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on Xbox One in Australia [In-Depth Analysis]
Here is a list of the best VPNs for Hulu on Xbox One consoles from our inspection of different VPNs for security, network infrastructure, compatibility, protocols supported, unblocking capability, and more.
1. ExpressVPN: The Best VPN for Hulu on Xbox One
ExpressVPN is a based in British Virgin Islands company with 3000+ servers in 92 countries and 22 servers located in the U.S. ExpressVPN also offers pre-configured routers and a new dedicated ExpressVPN app for routers.
The provider even offers its users with high-level privacy and security features including strong encryption of AES-256 bit, Automatic kill switch feature, zero data logs, and several protocols (OpenVPN, SSTP, L2Tp/IPsec, and PPTP).
ExpressVPN’s Media Streamer Feature ensures 4K speed for Smart TVs on Xbox and other gaming consoles. The multi-login option provides access to 5 devices in a single ExpressVPN account. The pricing plan is relatively on a bit higher side compared to others.
- Easy to set-up VPN
- Multi-Login for 5 devices
- Multi-Grade Encryption
- 30-day Money-Back Guarantee
- Preconfigured Router for Xbox One/360 consoles
- 5400+ Servers in 50+ Countries, 1800 servers in the US
- Relatively Expensive than Others
How to set up ExpressVPN on Xbox?
2. NordVPN: Stream Hulu Anywhere on Xbox
NordVPN is located in Panama and has 5400+ servers worldwide in 50+ countries. Similar to other providers in the list, the Panamanian-based provider also comes with pre-configured routers for your Xbox One console, which makes setting up a VPN quite easy.
The multi-user login gives you the option to connect to 6 devices at a time using a single NordVPN account. For security, NordVPN even utilizes AES-256 bit encryption, Perfect forward secrecy (PFS), Automatic Kill Switch, and Zero log policy.
NordVPN offers 3 pricing structures including 1 month ($11.95), yearly ($4.92), and a 2-year plan ($4.13). All plans are backed by a 30-day refund guarantee. Android and iOS users further gain incentives to leverage a 7-day free trial!
- Preconfigured router for PS4 and PS3 consoles
- 5400+ Servers in 59+ Countries, 1800 servers in the US
- 7-Day Free Trial
- Multi-login for 6 devices
- Multi-grade encryption
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 7-Day Free Trial is available only for iOS
- Customer support needs improvement
3. Surfshark: Affordable VPN for Hulu on Xbox
Surfshark is Headquartered in the British Virgin Islands., and is audited by Cure53, a German based cybersecurity firm, for its zero log policy. It offers a pre-configured VPN for XBOX users, if you don’t want to manually configure the setup.
The global network infrastructure comes with 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, making it easy to access Hulu and other geo-restricted streaming sites from anywhere in the world. You even have access to numerous features like split tunneling, DNS leak protection, and more.
Surfshark even allows users to leverage unlimited devices on a single VPN account, so the whole family can have security over their iphones for streaming or just online browsing. In terms of pricing, the offer consists of a monthly package ($12.95), bi-monthly ($ 6.49) and 2-year package ($2.21) All the packages cover a 30 day money back guarantee.
- 7-Day Free Trial
- Multi-Grade Encryption
- 30-day Money-Back Guarantee
- Unlimited Devices Availability
- Preconfigured Router for Xbox One/360
- 3,200+ Servers in 60+ Countries, 500 servers in the US
- Torrenting Speed Affected on Some Servers
How to Setup PureVPN on Xbox One?
4. CyberGhost: A Good VPN for Hulu on Xbox One
CyberGhost is a Romanian and German-based company with 6800+ servers in 90 countries worldwide and 1084 servers in the US. The service offers a free trial for the first 24hrs.
CyberGhost offers several strong privacy features like Automatic Kill Switch, IP leak protection, strict no-log policy, unlimited bandwidth, etc. Moreover, you can use up to 7 devices simultaneously on a single account.
The pricing structure comes with 3 varied plans including a 1-month subscription plan ($12.99) with 14 days money-back guarantee, 6 months offer ($7.99), and a 1.5-year plan ($2.75) both with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Preconfigured router for Xbox console
- 6800 Servers in 90 Countries, 1084 servers in the US
- Multi-login for 7 devices
- Multi-grade encryption
- Up to 45 days money-back guarantee
- No free trial
How to set up CyberGhost on box?
5. PureVPN: 4K Fast Hulu Streaming on Xbox One
The Hong Kong based company, PureVPN has 6,500+ servers in 140+ countries around the world. The service has a massive network infrastructure including 300,000+ IP addresses, inclusive of OpenVPN (.ovpn) configuration files.
You can upload these files on your WiFi router to watch Hulu on your Xbox One console devices. For convenience, PureVPN also offers a preconfigured router for Xbox One on Flash-router to its users. You can even connect up to 10 devices at a time including bu not limited to your phones, Smart TV, Macbook and others.
PureVPN ensures complete online security through NAT Firewall, AES-256 bit encryption, Kill Switch features, content filters, audited No log policy by Altius IT, and convenience of use through Split Tunneling and availability of dedicated IPs.
- Split Tunneling
- AES-256 bit Encryption
- Availability of Dedicated IPs
- 30-day Money-Back Guarantee
- Multi-Logins Up To 10 Devices Supported
- Compatibility with all Xbox game consoles
- 6,500+ Servers and 450+ Servers in the US
- Paid Trial Only (No Free)
How to Watch Hulu on Xbox One in Australia: FAQs
While figuring out how to watch Hulu on Xbox, there may come few questions in your mind. Below I have compiled the most common questions and their answers:
How do I add Hulu to my Xbox One?
Hulu is compatible with all Xbox devices. Install Hulu on your Xbox by following these steps:
- Power Up your Xbox console and sign in with your Microsoft account
- Press the Home button on your Xbox controller to get to the home screen
- Navigate to the store option and select it
- Type Hulu in the search bar and select it
- Install the Hulu App
- Select launch t open the Hulu app
Does Xbox One support Hulu?
Yes, Xbox One is a compatible device for Hulu. You can get all the latest features and Add-ons from Hulu on your Xbox Console.
Can you use Hulu in Australia?
Hulu doesn’t allow access to its content outside the USA. So if you are wondering how to watch Hulu in Australia, you will need a VPN to unblock and use Hulu in Australia.
How can I watch Hulu in Australia 2021?
- Download and subscribe to a VPN service (we recommend PureVPN)
- Open the VPN app on your preferred device
- Connect to a US server
- Go to the Hulu website,
- Login to your Hulu account and watch your favorite shows!
There are many popular Hulu shows that are worth watching. However, Hulu’s streaming service is restricted to the US. So, if you want to watch Hulu on Xbox in Australia or anywhere outside US, you will need a VPN to unblock its content. Choose the VPN from our list, make configurations, and enjoy unblocked Hulu streaming!